Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transform bug
Hi
Transform should replace unit with NEXT unit from deck, but it replace it with RANDOM unit from remaining units...
Ummm, could you clarify? There *are* several people who have incredible insight on how transform actually works, & if you don't do any basic form of explaining, they can't help confirm if its a bug or not.
Self proclaimed Highlord of Highgrounds

I dare you to say my name properly!
That doesn't actually sound like a bug at all. NoiZzz, you seem confused... the deck is always random, so that's normal. Transform is a back-row action, typically. It occurs before your cards return to deck but is still decided at random between those remaining within the deck. 'Next unit' just means whichever one is at the 'top' of your deck, and you can't possibly know the order of cards, so yeah, it's random; only by having one option can you guarantee the target. If you have no relevant cards in deck the unit will attempt to transform, vanishing without summoning anything.

Transform isn't designed to be reliable in every deck; it's a very specific ability. If it's not working for you just build a normal economy.
I summon thee Sasajiro/Sacre bleu/Other-name-I-forgot.

"deck is always random"
that explain everything...

well.... i thought it is me, who setup order of the units in deck... i was wrong i guess...
Setup?

i thought deck order after editing is fixed...

for expample.

had viath as a first unit in deck, and after transform occurred viath should apear...
You are not 100% wrong. I'll leave it at that.

“A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to. Nor am I a month late because I forgot my password for this site."

Heyo, Sasajiro/Sacrebleu here to give you an insight on transform. For credentials, I have over 1000 wins with a commander specializing in transform, and have probably 100 more on decks that utilize transform as a key strategy, but without my commander.

As you would expect, transform only turns into a unit that is equal to, or less than, its transform value. The interesting thing to note however, is that it searches through your deck first, before your discard pile. (Whatever units you did not hire before your deck is reshuffled, [your recruit exceeds the amount of undrawn units in your deck,]) or whatever units you sold before your deck is reshuffled are placed in a discard pile.] Therefore, if you have Aethon, (8 transform) activating his ability, and a Covar in your discard pile, Aethon will not turn into Covar. However, if you have only 9+ cost units left to draw, there is a chance Aethon will turn into Covar.

The reason transform is strong, in my opinion, is that it can be manipulated to guarantee that a unit turns into what you want. If you have 0 units in your deck when transform acts, it will search for the first unit in your DECK LIST, (the screen where you create your army outside of battle,) equal to or less than its cost. This means that if I get lucky with my draws, I can pull a guaranteed spike on turn 3. Followed by a turn 4 Era to protect said Spike.

Hopefully that clears up some of your confusion. If anyone still has any questions, feel free to ask.
Well that is an interesting exploit, but I doubt it was intentionally programmed that way...

You can just ensure the ideal Transform targets by having the right number of your designated units of that costing or higher. As long as you fill your field with anything lower cost first you've got your guarantee.