Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am making insightful gameplay videos. What does the community think of my first one
@Toorico, sure! I will record gameplay videos on those decks.

After doing a bit of research, I learned that I can't overlay images on Windows Movie Maker to obscure names, and other video editing software are currently outside of my budget. I am trying learn basic HTML to place a box over user's names through Google Chrome's developer tools, but it isn't a programming language that I'm familiar with. The video today might be delayed.
(04-08-2017, 06:43 PM)Sasajiro Wrote: After doing a bit of research, I learned that I can't overlay images on Windows Movie Maker to obscure names, and other video editing software are currently outside of my budget. I am trying learn basic HTML to place a box over user's names through Google Chrome's developer tools, but it isn't a programming language that I'm familiar with. The video today might be delayed.

Sasajiro-
You have to check out VSDC!! It is free to download and is superior to Movie Maker in almost every way.
Never argue with a hobgoblin. It'll just amuse him more.
I will toy with VSDC. I just need to figure out how to add an overlay, and then I am fine. Thanks Legend!

My only other concern is whether or not it will add a watermark. If it does, then I can't use it. I will find that out soon enough.

I am unable to export the video using the free version, so I can't use VSDC. I am a college student in the United States, and my budget is really limited.
(04-08-2017, 07:56 PM)Sasajiro Wrote: I will toy with VSDC. I just need to figure out how to add an overlay, and then I am fine. Thanks Legend!

My only other concern is whether or not it will add a watermark. If it does, then I can't use it. I will find that out soon enough.

I am unable to export the video using the free version, so I can't use VSDC. I am a college student in the United States, and my budget is really limited.

Oh, that's too bad. As you suggested, perhaps YouTube has a means of accomplishing this.
I just reinvented the wheel by placing a rectangle over their names using HTML. Not the best looking solution, but it works.
(04-08-2017, 08:57 PM)Sasajiro Wrote: I just reinvented the wheel by placing a rectangle over their names using HTML. Not the best looking solution, but it works.

That should be good enough for the purposes of an amateur instructional video. No reasonable viewer would demand top shelf production values for a hobby project. Just getting your videos out in circulation is the main thing.
Ehh, I am in the process of editing my current video. I never realized just how many times and in how many places the game says your opponent's name. (Upper right hand corner, after every combat phase where you win, victory screen...) It is simply not feasible to edit out everything. Configuring the html which I barely know is difficult enough; I don't know how to assign a box popping up obscuring names at the stroke of a key. Unless if a feature comes out which hides opponent's names, I feasibly can not hide them. Until then, I will not obscure them. I know it isn't the most desired course of action, but I can not do it.