Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am making insightful gameplay videos. What does the community think of my first one
This is something I have been wanting to do for awhile, but I lacked a good enough computer to record in HD. Now that I have one, I figured I would devote my channel's content to this game that I enjoy so much. If you have any criticism or suggestions, I am all ears. I have never created a video before minus school projects and personal media, so I know I have a lot to learn.

If nothing else, you can at least watch high level Highgrounds gameplay, which until now was absent on youtube.

https://youtu.be/Pb3iEnowHII
Love it dude... really from the bottom of my heart : )
I love it too!

I'd like to remind you that there are a few (lord knows not many, but a few) newer players who don't have the characters and don't know the strategies that you are using. In other words, I've been playing a month and I found your deck and strategy fascinating but at times hard to follow. Don't assume everyone has played for years - even more explanation would be welcome!

And how many commanders do you have! I just got my third, while you have 10 or more. I'd love to see a video on commander strategies!
Thanks everyone! Also, I can certainly be more descriptive in my videos. That is a good idea. I wish that I knew how to overlay images whenever I talk about a unit, but alas I have no clue how to do that.

I have 11 commanders.

I can certainly do video content on the specifics of Highgrounds. I notice a lot of newer players fall into the trap of simply adding units to an army with no regards to strategy, or having odd numbers like 20 units in their army, 16 units in a hybrid city, etc etc. I will plan for those kinds of videos.
I have uploaded two more videos, and I am in the process of uploading a third.
(03-28-2017, 09:52 PM)Sasajiro Wrote: Thanks everyone! Also, I can certainly be more descriptive in my videos. That is a good idea. I wish that I knew how to overlay images whenever I talk about a unit, but alas I have no clue how to do that.

I have 11 commanders.

I can certainly do video content on the specifics of Highgrounds. I notice a lot of newer players fall into the trap of simply adding units to an army with no regards to strategy, or having odd numbers like 20 units in their army, 16 units in a hybrid city, etc etc. I will plan for those kinds of videos.

okay, i admit i did that last time Big Grin btw, i still have a number of hybrid deck has more than 14 unit and it really hurt my draw   Sad
(03-28-2017, 05:40 PM)shmeffay Wrote: I'd like to remind you that there are a few (lord knows not many, but a few) newer players who don't have the characters and don't know the strategies that you are using.  In other words, I've been playing a month and I found your deck and strategy fascinating but at times hard to follow.  Don't assume everyone has played for years -  even more explanation would be welcome!

Actually, he gives a tremendous amount of detailed explanation into the thought process -- far more than I would have expected. Honestly, he is explaining aspects of the thought process in great detail that have become so second nature to me that I don't even think about it before doing it. So, this should be a very insightful series for new players.

Sasajiro,

I'm glad to see you are "representing" on YouTube. I'm just concerned about one thing. I hope you are getting permission from your opponents before posting game recordings on YouTube.

For the most part, it is pretty harmless when gamers post videos of themselves running around blasting random players in a massive FPS like Call of Duty (excluding cases of harassment of course). But, Highgrounds is supported by a relatively small community of players. And, your opponent's gamertag appears for the duration of the battle. They are essentially your unwitting co-star in the video. Some players may get justifiably upset if a potentially embarrassing loss becomes permanently enshrined on YouTube.

Perhaps you should consider blotting out their gamertag in the videos.

I work in the broadcast industry, so I try to be sensitive to these sorts of things.
Never argue with a hobgoblin. It'll just amuse him more.
(03-28-2017, 07:06 AM)Sasajiro Wrote: This is something I have been wanting to do for awhile, but I lacked a good enough computer to record in HD. Now that I have one, I figured I would devote my channel's content to this game that I enjoy so much. If you have any criticism or suggestions, I am all ears. I have never created a video before minus school projects and personal media, so I know I have a lot to learn.

If nothing else, you can at least watch high level Highgrounds gameplay, which until now was absent on youtube.

https://youtu.be/Pb3iEnowHII

This is great! Thanks so much for making this. Do you mind if I share this out on some of our Highgrounds social media?
-----
Kate
Heart Shaped Games
kate@heartshapedgames.com
@katebrodz
@Shaymin The best number of units in a hybrid army are either 14 or 15. Since economy units of Hybrid decks are generally fragile, 15 guarantees that you will draw every unit, making your currency more consistent, lest you add any additional recruit. 14 is also great if you have tutors like Ob to thin your deck before your first reshuffle.

@Goblin: Thanks! Also, it is difficult to chat with opponents during the game and not have it obstruct the video, so I think my best course of action is to obstruct their names. That is a valid concern I hadn't considered. Once I figure out how to do so, I will obstruct names using an overlay that matches the sky around the battlefield. (I edit in Windows Movie Maker.)

@Kate: Sure! Go on ahead!

@All: I will have a new video out tomorrow. I haven't decided on which deck to record. If you have a suggestion, feel free to mention it. I have every common-rare, most of the ultra rares, and a few legendaries.
Why don't you start with the classic and basic combo deck? Like the Knight deck + Arthur deck, the barbarian combo deck, etc, etc and etc.