Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg?
There shouldn't be a ban for the Snipe Bug until there's an official published opinion that it is a bug and should not be exploited. There's never been a ban for simply exploiting bugs before, so it'd be, uh, rude.
He's still doing it!

So.... another idea.

Maybe we could all collectively automatically forfeit while encountering him?

I'm naive, but if lots of ppl did that he would get bored of not-playing-the-game-while-playing and just leave us alone?
(08-21-2017, 05:56 PM)radio Wrote: He's still doing it!

So.... another idea.

Maybe we could all collectively automatically forfeit while encountering him?

I'm naive, but if lots of ppl did that he would get bored of not-playing-the-game-while-playing and just leave us alone?

A much easier and more comprehensive approach would be for us to collectively insist that Mickeyg be banned (which is essentially what we are doing in this thread). For example, Highgrounds is still attracting a few new players from time to time. They won't be protected unless he is banned. And, he ruins the experience for veterans and newbies alike. I would argue that players who exploit bugs and overpowered units are driving many newbies away. This is why in the past year there has been a surge of complaints from new players aggravated that they have so much trouble gaining a foothold. It didn't used to be that way in Highgrounds. When I first started playing a few years ago, I probably won about 1/3 of my battles for the first month. I get the impression that it's much worse for new players now because of players like Mickeyg.

I can confirm that Mickeyg is still using the sniper bug. Furthermore, I've called him out on it in-game several times. He doesn't care. He is perfectly comfortable cheating at everyone else's expense. Heart Shaped Games needs to take action. Mickeyg's participation is doing far more harm than good. Mickeyg needs to be banned.
Never argue with a hobgoblin. It'll just amuse him more.
There's no rule against abusing the Snipe bug. You should push instead for making it a rule, then telling him that it's now against the rules.

When he was first banned, he was later unbanned. I had privately disagreed with the ban, in fact, because abusing in-game bugs has never been punished before, so a ban is a harsh first reaction. I've abused the Transform deck order bug (which make Transform ALMOST halfway decent). Does that mean I should be banned?
As I stated in my original post to this thread, I recommend that Heart Shaped Games send a standard email to offenders in this type of situation. If the warning is ignored, then the player should be banned. It should be obvious that such a rule should exist. Players like Mickeyg drive off new players, and stress out veteran players. He is contributing nothing positive to the community. In fact, he doesn't care at all about playing fairly even when he is called out on his bad behavior. The community would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by his removal. HSG should give him [another] warning. Then, finally give him the boot if he ignores it again. Agreed?
Never argue with a hobgoblin. It'll just amuse him more.