Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hero Generations: ReGen | Bug Reporting
Hi!

I think I found 2 more bugs that were not reported yet.

1- If you drop an item in a shop (I tried the Combat shop) you cannot pick it up again.
The item stays in the floor if you move the hero around the shop you can see the item again, but if you pick it it disappears from the floor but it does not go to the hand of the hero. If you move around you will the the item again in the floor.

2- Unable to sell any item in a shop (I tried the Combat shop)
How can I sell an item (ex: dagger or something I bought in the shop)?
(08-14-2016, 06:32 PM)antcasq Wrote: Hi!

I think I found 2 more bugs that were not reported yet.

1- If you drop an item in a shop (I tried the Combat shop) you cannot pick it up again.
The item stays in the floor if you move the hero around the shop you can see the item again, but if you pick it it disappears from the floor but it does not go to the hand of the hero. If you move around you will the the item again in the floor.

2- Unable to sell any item in a shop (I tried the Combat shop)
How can I sell an item (ex: dagger or something I bought in the shop)?

Thank you! I've added bug 1 to our list. 

Re: Bug 2, there are specific shops that let you sell whatever items you have in your hand. They are the shops with coins as the icon.
Founder, Lead Designer on Hero Generations
http://www.twitter.com/brodiegames
Platform : Ipad Pro
Version : 9.3.5

Hi,

Bought the  game yesterday but I'm suffering from a bug that prevents me from being able to play properly :

The game gets stuck on the start of every 2nd generation (tried about 8 or 9 times).
Basically I can access the "Quest" interface as well as the character interface on right side of screen but I'm unable to move the character in any direction.

Can't seem to link a screenshot from my game as my connection is really bad at the moment but basically there is no "red highlight" around the neighboring spaces that show that the character can move.

Would love a fix as to be able to actually start playing the game since playing only the first generation is not really interesting.

Will had a picture if connection allows it later...

EDIT 1: Here is the pic
[Image: 2hyfoyx.png]

EDIT 2 : Forgot to specify that I deleted and reinstalled the app three times and the problem repeats every time.
(09-07-2016, 08:32 AM)Stigmate Wrote: Platform : Ipad Pro

Hi,

Bought the  game yesterday but I'm suffering from a bug that prevents me from being able to play properly :

The game gets stuck on the start of every 2nd generation (tried about 8 or 9 times).
Basically I can access the "Quest" interface as well as the character interface on right side of screen but I'm unable to move the character in any direction.

Can't seem to link a screenshot from my game as my connection is really bad at the moment but basically there is no "red highlight" around the neighboring spaces that show that the character can move.

Would love a fix as to be able to actually start playing the game since playing only the first generation is not really interesting.

EDIT 2 : Forgot to specify that I deleted and reinstalled the app three times and the problem repeats every time.

Hi Stigmate, 

I would recommend turning off the cloud particles and camera effects in the settings and give it a try again. Let me know if that fixes the problem. 

Thanks, 
Scott
(09-08-2016, 05:35 PM)scott Wrote:

Hi,

Hi Stigmate, 

I would recommend turning off the cloud particles and camera effects in the settings and give it a try again. Let me know if that fixes the problem. 

Thanks, 
Scott

Hi Scott,

Did try disabling both effects...
Nothing happened, problem stayed the same.
Tried reebooting the game as well once the settings were off but same thing happens.

Stigmate
(09-08-2016, 10:00 PM)Stigmate Wrote:

Hi,

Hi Stigmate, 

Thanks, 
Scott

Hi Scott,

Tried reebooting the game as well once the settings were off but same thing happens.

Stigmate

Hi Stigmate, 

Just to be sure, have you tried additional save slots? I would also try to reinstall the app as well and see if that fixes the problem. This is a new bug for us so any additional information you have would be helpful. If you're familiar/comfortable with accessing the iOS file system, it would be very helpful to have your save game files to help debug this issue. 

Scott
(09-08-2016, 10:45 PM)scott Wrote:

Hi,

Hi Stigmate, 

Thanks, 
Scott

Hi Scott,

Stigmate

Hi Stigmate, 

Just to be sure, have you tried additional save slots? I would also try to reinstall the app as well and see if that fixes the problem. This is a new bug for us so any additional information you have would be helpful. If you're familiar/comfortable with accessing the iOS file system, it would be very helpful to have your save game files to help debug this issue. 

Scott
Hi Scott,

Problem solved last night, fiddled around quite a bit.
Changed settings, re installed the game, re initialized the iPad but nothing worked until... I changed the language!!!
I had set the game in French (since I'm a French speaker) and apparently it worked!!!

I noticed that the bug happens at the moment when the screen zooms out to show you the doom clock and that it lets you know that you have 14 generations before doom (or something like that). Perhaps it is a problem in the language script at that specific point...

I speak English so it's fine but it would be lovely to be able to play in my native language!

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy exploring the game...

Cheers,

Stigmate
(09-09-2016, 08:15 AM)Stigmate Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 10:45 PM)scott Wrote:

Hi,

Hi Stigmate, 

Thanks, 
Scott

Hi Scott,

Stigmate

Hi Stigmate, 

Scott
Hi Scott,

Problem solved last night, fiddled around quite a bit.
Changed settings, re installed the game, re initialized the iPad but nothing worked until... I changed the language!!!
I had set the game in French (since I'm a French speaker) and apparently it worked!!!

I noticed that the bug happens at the moment when the screen zooms out to show you the doom clock and that it lets you know that you have 14 generations before doom (or something like that). Perhaps it is a problem in the language script at that specific point...

I speak English so it's fine but it would be lovely to be able to play in my native language!

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy exploring the game...

Cheers,

Stigmate

Interesting! You're the second person I've heard from that said that has had issues with the French language. I've added it to my list of bugs. Glad you're now able to play the game!
Hello!

I recently picked up the game from the current Humble Strategy Bundle for my Android 4.2 phone, and I ran into some trouble running it. I had to sideload it, because the purchase did not appear in my Humble app for some reason, but the installation itself went OK. When I start the game and get to choose a save slot, and the game asks me if I want to play the tutorial or not, the loading screen will show for about 15 seconds and then the game will simply shut down, no matter if I go for the tutorial or straight for a new game. 

On the first startup, the language was Hungarian (my native tongue), and after seeing some feedback about some languages causing problems in the game, I tried to run it in English and in French, but the result was the same. The graphic effects found in Options were disabled by default, so I'm guessing that was not the problem.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, the game looks dope, I was really looking forward to trying it.

Thanks!
Nile
(03-27-2017, 11:50 AM)Old_Nile Wrote: Hello!

I recently picked up the game from the current Humble Strategy Bundle for my Android 4.2 phone, and I ran into some trouble running it. I had to sideload it, because the purchase did not appear in my Humble app for some reason, but the installation itself went OK. When I start the game and get to choose a save slot, and the game asks me if I want to play the tutorial or not, the loading screen will show for about 15 seconds and then the game will simply shut down, no matter if I go for the tutorial or straight for a new game. 

On the first startup, the language was Hungarian (my native tongue), and after seeing some feedback about some languages causing problems in the game, I tried to run it in English and in French, but the result was the same. The graphic effects found in Options were disabled by default, so I'm guessing that was not the problem.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, the game looks dope, I was really looking forward to trying it.

Thanks!
Nile

Hi Nile -

Sorry to hear you're having issues running the game! Can you let me know what device you're trying to play it on? If you email us at support@heartshapedgames.com we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,
Kate
-----
Kate
Heart Shaped Games
kate@heartshapedgames.com
@katebrodz