Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hero Generations: ReGen | Bug Reporting
Hi!

New batch of translations bugs and 1 game play bug Smile

1- Camara setting not translated (camara-effects-not-translated.jpg)

2- Continue button not translated (continue-not-translated.jpg)

3- Gold string not translated in shop (gold-not-translated-shop.jpg)

4- Number format incorrect for native language (number-format-incorrect.jpg)
In Portuguese the thousand separator is the dot (.) and the decimal separator the comma (,).

5- Temple tooltip not translated (temple-bonus-not-translated.jpg)

6- Statistics board with several issues (statistics-several-issues.jpg)
Portuguese letters with special characters not translated.
Missing space between words in Legacy Report string.
More strings to translate...

7- Bug: Last turn before the game ends loop (last-game-still-available.jpg)
When the Hero dies, the Legacy Report appears. However the automatically saved game of the last turn is available to be loaded again.

Fell free to remove the attached images and forward them to the programmer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,

Playing on IPhone 5 device version 1.14 (5) test flight

Not really seeing any bugs besides two of the achievement I believe it was the kill a boss and the build a monument trigger the wrong alerts in the gamecenter which isn't a big deal but that is the only bug I have seen. I also unlocked the 30 generation somehow in the gamecenter achievents and have not been alive that long.

Here is a gameplay vid on the game now as well for those interested in checking it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5giwjdWXY0

Overall feedback
Highlight the main boss in the beginning of the game to give a story driven reason to explore and have a END to the game. When you start playing, generation 2 I believe it is they show you the Armageddon count down which you are lead to believe is something bad but nothing happens when it hits 0.

I think you should be able to have more than 2 traits on your hero as it really limits the panels you want to even aim for picking in the picking stage. I hate that there are like 4+ traits on the selection panel and you can only have 2 so after you pick 2 you are like I don't want another one and then when you get another one now how does the game decide which trait the child gets since you have 3+ selected? Is it all rng based which really sucks than.

Currently you can get infinite life/score by building two towns worth of Temples and then that turns the town into a Hospital. Its not fun but you wont ever run out of life/time to move around if you just farm those 10 squares, your score will slowly go up as you attack random people that walk around you. To fix this a hero should continuously lose 10 attack value every say 25 steps.

There should be more bonus life for exploring and encourage exploring new areas instead of simple farming the same little area you have always been at.

The hammer ability/skill is almost a requirement for long gameplays I feel

Monsters should progressively get stronger so that it is really hard to get past say generation milestones for generations like 5,10,15,20. On my second playthrough I got to generation 20 and I could have gone way longer but I was bored of just farming around the same area and decieded to go exploring new areas.

There should be bonuses Fame/Gold for actually killing other players since they have lots of life
Thank you so much for the feedback and great gameplay video! It's useful to hear some of the long-play feedback, and where you wanted more challenge. I think there are some planned big things, and a few little things we can do to address that.

Glad to hear the game was pretty much bug-free. I'll look into the achievement issues you ran into.
Founder, Lead Designer on Hero Generations
http://www.twitter.com/brodiegames
(08-11-2016, 10:14 PM)scott Wrote: Thank you so much for the feedback and great gameplay video! It's useful to hear some of the long-play feedback, and where you wanted more challenge. I think there are some planned big things, and a few little things we can do to address that.

Glad to hear the game was pretty much bug-free. I'll look into the achievement issues you ran into.

Hey Scott nice to hear from you.

I was able to push the game even further now becoming even more immortal, with infine attack infine hp infine damage, infine everything here is the short vid on how I did it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WED7WSJGyts
and I think this would ruin any leader boards/ challenge mode that there would be included in the game since this would be the only build that you would ever want to make.

SOME more bugs, I'm killing bosses in one shot while only doing 13 points of damage while they are suppose to have 15 hp yet they die in one shot. here is a clip of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCC6pyUK2uQ and it happened to all the bosses not just this one. The achievement for kill all 6 bosses...that is suppose to count bosses from prior generations is not registering prior kills and it is thus impossible to complete since the bosses do not respawn. Also I am assuming the doomsday clock will spawn the 6th boss in the lava zone? As there was no boss there but the clock still had 1 year on the timer before doomsday happened.

Haven't figured out or seen any items that I am suppose to drop into the offering urn around the doom tower, guessing they unlock in futher generations/are a rare spawn? In this play through I am only at generation 15 so the doomsday clock has not even hit yet but I have nothing left to do except breed but lol I don't want to breed since I am immortal Big Grin

Overall the game plays good, smooth no real major bugs I am seeing in game now spent about 20 hours testing the game out. I just think the immortal stuff ruins the game, I would take out the bonus Hospital/ Vampire trait and possible Temples or at least rework the amount of time needed for regeneration on those. If you triple the time it takes to produce a +2/3 life bonus I think that could work. Vampire trait make it only give +1 especially if you allow more traits than 2 like I suggested earlier.

I would rather see more of the McGrew Fountain of youth (+50 life every 500 years) on the board, encouraging and allowing exploration.

I really like the keys and locked chest/locked tomb aspect and I think people will really enjoy that part of the game but keys seemed really rare, I went through the entire world and there was 1 key and a total of 10 locked things...I know there is a building and a trait but I think you should have keys more in the shops as well. I think unlocking stuff and finding legendary gear should be one of the goals to progressing and killing the volcano/final bosses
Thanks again for this extra feedback. The videos remain helpful for investigating the issues you bring up. Some notes:

1. I think my solution for your issue is going to be to prevent you from being able to gain additional lifespan once you are past the last milestone (sage). That way, you can still use this setup to build an awesome end boss killer up to a point, but you will eventually have to die. I don't mind the high level character's being created, as that's kind of the fun of the game, but living endlessly does ruin the fun.

2. I've added a more involved and challenging end-game feature that will be in the final release build. Hopefully that helps up the challenge as well.

3. The Sand Wurm boss bug is actually working correctly, but the feedback could be clearer. What is happening: Your hero dealt 13 damage to the boss, and then your Vampire trait deals an extra 2 damage at the same time it gives you +2 lifespan.

Show ContentSpoiler:
Hi!

I've found 2 more translation related bugs.

1- Some text does not fit the Tutorial pop up.   [does-not-fit_1.jpg; does-not-fit_2.jpg]
At least the 2 keys below fail to display the translated text completely
- Move onto the troll to attack it and clear the path!
- Inspection Message PC

2- The leader boards is still buggy    [leaderboars-en.jpg; leaderboars-pt.jpg]
a) Missing space between words
b) Latin punctuation characters appear smaller. Maybe increasing the space between the lines solves it. Try it please.
c) The key "Stats Buildings Made" is not being displayed, at least in Portuguese

3- When playing the game in the tablet with the specs bellow, the game closes randomly after 1 minute or 2. I don't have access to the tablet anymore, but there is something wrong with the game in some Android devices or it just does not run well in Android 4.2. I'm able to play without issues in the other 4 android devices that I've.

Brand: Ramos
Model: W17 Pro
Release date: 2013
SoC:    AML8726-MX
CPU:    A9 – 2x1.5 Ghz
GPU:    Mali-400MP2 400 Mhz
RAM:    1 GB
Resolution:    1024x600
Size:    7”
SO version:    4.2
Manufacturer website: http://www.ramos-tablet.com/ramos-w17-pr...-16gb.html

Fell free to remove the attached images and forward them to the programmer.

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-12-2016, 05:16 PM)scott Wrote: Thanks again for this extra feedback. The videos remain helpful for investigating the issues you bring up. Some notes:

1. I think my solution for your issue is going to be to prevent you from being able to gain additional lifespan once you are past the last milestone (sage). That way, you can still use this setup to build an awesome end boss killer up to a point, but you will eventually have to die. I don't mind the high level character's being created, as that's kind of the fun of the game, but living endlessly does ruin the fun.

2. I've added a more involved and challenging end-game feature that will be in the final release build. Hopefully that helps up the challenge as well.

3. The Sand Wurm boss bug is actually working correctly, but the feedback could be clearer. What is happening: Your hero dealt 13 damage to the boss, and then your Vampire trait deals an extra 2 damage at the same time it gives you +2 lifespan.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Thanks for the response.

Sounds like a decent solution to the infinite HP stuff.

Interesting on the vampire trait, I guess you need to add text saying it does 2 more damage.
(08-12-2016, 07:19 PM)antcasq Wrote: Hi!

I've found 2 more translation related bugs.

(...)
2- The leader boards is still buggy    [leaderboars-en.jpg; leaderboars-pt.jpg]
a) Missing space between words
b) Latin punctuation characters appear smaller. Maybe increasing the space between the lines solves it. Try it please.
c) The key "Stats Buildings Made" is not being displayed, at least in Portuguese
(...)

Regarding 2 c), well after looking at the screenshots carefully, I notice that the key "Stats Buildings Made" is actually there. The problem is that the text and the score are not correctly aligned Smile
Anyway, something must still be done to fix it Smile

Regarding 2 a), maybe if I put 3 or 4 spaces between the words instead of 1 fixes this issue. Can you confirm if this workaround solve it?
Thanks for the extra Reports Antcasq - I'm working to fix and sneak in as many of these small loc issues as I can ahead of launch.

Regarding the crash on your tablet, we've noticed that some devices with lower amounts of memory (and possibly some incompatibility with shaders) makes the games unplayable after the main menu screen. Our temporary solution will be to identify those devices and mark them as unable to play the game until we are able to find a fix. Thanks for the report and specifics on which device had the problem.
Hi!

The leader board is better but still not perfect:

a) A "stat key" is needed for "Generation".
This issue is visible even in the English version, because of the space in the begging.
Also I think the stat item should be Generations instead of Generation.

b) "Buildings made" font not of the same size in PT. (minor issue)

c) There are still some problems with the ó and í characters, they are too small. The punctuation ' character should appear above a letter with a normal size.

Attached Files Image(s)