Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commander leveling details
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll edit it in after I finish this reply.

Your commander cost's type is always the same as the primary resource for your city. E.g If you use the grotto, he will cost crystal. Commanders so far do NOT have hybrid costs, so your commander costs gold with the shadow pylon. (Idk why, but it arbitrarily is so)
Self proclaimed Highlord of Highgrounds

I dare you to say my name properly!
Thanks. That makes sense, though it's a little annoying for a tri-colour deck or any that's built to control opening draws by choosing a Hybrid that can't draw certain low-cost non-producers but actually focuses the lower Resource for the majority of the game; the latter might have a hard time affording a high cost Commander, limiting its' capacity to function. Gold is the first Resource on Shadow Pylon, so it's probably just because of that, though Crystal Camp does still give a Commander a Crystal costing so I'm not saying that's universal.

I'm going to post a suggestion somewhere that it be changed/updated. Feedback is welcome.
You list the commander types, but what are the advantages of one type as compared to another ?

= Free Commander Types =

Archer
Captain
Dog
Fighter
Giant
Harvester
Healer
Hunter
King
Matriarch
Paladin
Protector
Queen
Raider
Recruiter
Root
Royal
Shade
Squire
Thief
Totem
Troll
Veteran
Warlord

= +1 Cost Commander Types =

Assassin
Barbarian
Dragon
Farmer
Fox
Golem
Knight
Skeleton
Soldier
Spirit
Vampire
Vanguard
Wizard
Wolf
All the +1 cost commander types allow your commander to interact with other units in some way. For example a Fox commander can trigger Foxpack.

In addition, some of the free ones can do the same. Harvester, Dog, Hunter, Raider, Thief and Troll all interact with other units' abilities. Hunter triggers Wolfpack, and Thief triggers Foxpack.

Having a commander with other types (Recruiter, Root, etc) has no advantage. Unless you're using Matriarch on your commander/to get your commander. That seems like an overly complicated method though.
Fear my mediocrity!
guys, do u have any idea how to power leveling ur commanders?