Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highgrounds Unit Database
Ah, Scott, I've been meaning to ask about ability descriptions. Do those live somewhere accessible?
ah! Yes, the iconSheet32.png, etc are the best bets for getting the icons. Sprite sheets like this are great for games, less so for the web.

->Ah, Scott, I've been meaning to ask about ability descriptions. Do those live somewhere accessible?

Unfortunately the ability descriptions are not organized in a nice centralized external XML I can easily share. It would require some refactoring, which at the moment I don't have time to focus on. I'll follow up with you offline if I find a decent way to share the text, but for now I'd assume having to work without it, sorry Sad
Founder, Lead Designer on Hero Generations
http://www.twitter.com/brodiegames
(09-04-2015, 03:05 PM)scott Wrote: Sprite sheets like this are great for games, less so for the web.

In fact, pyeontae used sprite sheets. CSS sprite sheets are a Thing, since they result in fewer HTTP requests. http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/c...esign-8340

Grae means that it's time for SOMEONE to do that for him. One issue with doing it from your current sheet: we don't know when and how it will update, since you have no file describing the sprites. Or at least I assume that thumbs.db is a Windows metafile and wasn't supposed to be uploaded.
Most of the unit sprites are up now; there are only 15 remaining placeholders for units I don't have or can't get a clean shot of.  Specifically:
  1. Barion
  2. Virt
  3. Pyras
  4. Wail
  5. Cast
  6. Hammot
  7. Xane
  8. Tavi
  9. Ryun
  10. Vyros
  11. Adrog
  12. Sigil
  13. Stucky
  14. Delve
  15. Zik

Anybody able to get a shot of any of these units from the bottom row of the deck building screen? Best size is 87 x 87 pixels, but I can crop it down to size if you can get a clean shot.
let me know if any r missing

Attached Files Image(s)

Sent from my Nokia 3310
I'll post up the sprites you need once I get home
Self proclaimed Highlord of Highgrounds

I dare you to say my name properly!
Impronoucabl, I've got everything but Barion and Virt.
Just added a feature to track the number of each unit in your collection.  The data persists via local storage, so you should be able to set your collection and have it persist across browsing sessions so long as you're using the same browser.

It's late, and I'm sure I've made some errors, so it may pay to hold off for a bit in adding your collection for me to act on bug reports coming in.

Also added a keyboard shortcut for forwardslash ("/") to focus on the search bar. You should be able to tab quickly between units, and use your arrow keys to increment and decrement your unit counts.
Barion

[Image: kI3p2Dw.png]

Virt

[Image: ipTIgOS.png]
Self proclaimed Highlord of Highgrounds

I dare you to say my name properly!
Just pushed resource and rarity icons.  Ended up just shopping individual colored icons for rarities :/