Heart Shaped Games Forums
Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - Printable Version

+- Heart Shaped Games Forums (http://heartshapedgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Highgrounds Forum (http://heartshapedgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Bugs & Technical Support (http://heartshapedgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? (/showthread.php?tid=2754)

Pages: 1 2

Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - radio - 12-01-2016

This is just f***** annoying when cheaters like mickeyg exploit this bug.

Fix it please.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - Kate - 12-02-2016

He's been banned! We're looking into solutions for this.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - shaymin - 12-02-2016

(12-01-2016, 09:59 AM)radio Wrote: This is just f***** annoying when cheaters like mickeyg exploit this bug.

Fix it please.

(12-02-2016, 05:08 AM)Kate Wrote: He's been banned! We're looking into solutions for this.

i also often encountered him. his deck is built around this exploit using fog + crusher. i still remember the first time i play with him where my cliff got sniped and KO-ed even though protected by laginn. since then almost all my gold deck has 1 chloe to counter these jerks. having said that, i dont think it is wise and fair to ban him due to 2 points. first, he is not the only 1 using this bug. he is just exploited it to a whole new level (with CRUSHER!!!! come on!). heck, in 1 of the matches where i play, a veteren even use this trick against me because i use adrog to keep myself from his nasty snipe. second, there is no notification or message about this bug in-game and there is no written rule in-game that prohibited player from exploiting this bug. therefore, it is unfair to just punish him alone while others are will using this bug like no tomorrow without getting any repercussion. the only long term solution is to fix this but i understand heart shaped games is a not a triple A game developing company with big budget so they do have manpower constraint. while waiting for the fix to come, i have changed my mind set against these jerks. to me, when my opponent uses snipe exploit, i already considered myself the winner for that particular match. i will only continue the match if i think i can get around that jerk move (without myself using that bug) or else i just forfeit and move on. i dont know whether it is just me, i find beating some of these players (some, not all but mickyyg is definitely the top jerk) without using the bug extremely pleasureful Big Grin perhaps developer can put up a notice in-game like how the one we see during our first login of the day to inform player about this bug before rolling out the fix? and also unban that jerk to give him a chance?

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - Kate - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:48 PM)shaymin Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 09:59 AM)radio Wrote: This is just f***** annoying when cheaters like mickeyg exploit this bug.

Fix it please.

(12-02-2016, 05:08 AM)Kate Wrote: He's been banned! We're looking into solutions for this.

i also often encountered him. his deck is built around this exploit using fog + crusher. i still remember the first time i play with him where my cliff got sniped and KO-ed even though protected by laginn. since then almost all my gold deck has 1 chloe to counter these jerks. having said that, i dont think it is wise and fair to ban him due to 2 points. first, he is not the only 1 using this bug. he is just exploited it to a whole new level (with CRUSHER!!!! come on!). heck, in 1 of the matches where i play, a veteren even use this trick against me because i use adrog to keep myself from his nasty snipe. second, there is no notification or message about this bug in-game and there is no written rule in-game that prohibited player from exploiting this bug. therefore, it is unfair to just punish him alone while others are will using this bug like no tomorrow without getting any repercussion. the only long term solution is to fix this but i understand heart shaped games is a not a triple A game developing company with big budget so they do have manpower constraint. while waiting for the fix to come, i have changed my mind set against these jerks. to me, when my opponent uses snipe exploit, i already considered myself the winner for that particular match. i will only continue the match if i think i can get around that jerk move (without myself using that bug) or else i just forfeit and move on. i dont know whether it is just me, i find beating some of these players (some, not all but mickyyg is definitely the top jerk) without using the bug extremely pleasureful Big Grin perhaps developer can put up a notice in-game like how the one we see during our first login of the day to inform player about this bug before rolling out the fix? and also unban that jerk to give him a chance?

It looks like I mistakenly thought this was another report of another bug (link). This Snipe bug issue is unfortunate, but not something that we would ban for. We’ll investigate solutions to the bugs in the code that are causing the issues with Snipe if we ever are able to further update Highgrounds. I’ve unbanned the player.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - Raijinili - 01-25-2017

rickdanferous is probably using the bug. He set up the bug, even though I was using Forest. When I asked about it, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, then moved his Snipe unit, even though I had Doken out and he had two healers (one Ino).

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - toorico - 02-03-2017

Raijinili!!!! you are playing again!!!! *gasp*

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - LegendaryHobgoblin - 03-09-2017

(12-02-2016, 09:37 PM)Kate Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 03:48 PM)shaymin Wrote:

Fix it please.

It looks like I mistakenly thought this was another report of another bug (link). This Snipe bug issue is unfortunate, but not something that we would ban for. We’ll investigate solutions to the bugs in the code that are causing the issues with Snipe if we ever are able to further update Highgrounds. I’ve unbanned the player.

The following is not directed at mikyyg specifically, but rather a general suggestion for HS Games...

I support banning repeat offenders. I think community rules such as when to ban players should be decided based on what is in the best interest of the community at large. If a player is routinely ruining other players' experiences through bug exploits then they should receive an official warning from Heart Shaped Games. In 90% of cases that should be sufficient to curb the bad behavior. However, if the poor sportsmanship continues, then the player should absolutely be banned. The offending player cannot claim innocence after they have been warned by HS Games staff. And, it would not be in the community's best interest to allow a few selfish players to ruin everyone else's experience.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - shaymin - 03-12-2017

banning player is not a good move for the both short run and long run when we already have small player base. i constantly met a few veteran abuse this bug against me. normally i will just forfeit the game. this is because first, i normally busy grinding special city gem bonus and some cities just do not have feasible unit to counter them. second, this bug do not activate toxic or tribal hex (by vago). lastly, i simply do not have the unit that can get around it due to smaller unit collection compared to them. do i feel salty? yes at first, but now i have learnt to adjust my mindset and moved on.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - LegendaryHobgoblin - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 12:30 PM)shaymin Wrote: banning player is not a good move for the both short run and long run when we already have small player base. i constantly met a few veteran abuse this bug against me. normally i will just forfeit the game. this is because first, i normally busy grinding special city gem bonus and some cities just do not have feasible unit to counter them. second, this bug do not activate toxic or tribal hex (by vago). lastly, i simply do not have the unit that can get around it due to smaller unit collection compared to them. do i feel salty? yes at first, but now i have learnt to adjust my mindset and moved on.

I'm afraid I don't share your mindset. If someone is purposely cheating on a regular basis, then they are a detriment. What good does it do the Highgrounds community to have relentless cheaters poisoning the experience for everyone? That is a liability to the community, not an asset.

In the case of Sniper Bug, I'm not referring to someone who occasionally inadvertently activates the bug. But, rather someone who has no qualms about sitting on the bug for the duration of a match. And, I only advocate a ban after they have been officially told by HSG staff that such unsportsmanlike behavior is unacceptable.

Honestly, this exploit should have been eliminated months ago. I understand HSG staff have been hard at work on their new game. But, that game has been out for a few months now and Highgrounds has been neglected for two years. We are long overdue for some attention. I am drafting a proposal on behalf of the Highgrounds player community to prioritize repairs such as this. You are welcome to join the discussion.

RE: Can someone fix the snipe bug or just ban mickeyg? - LegendaryHobgoblin - 03-14-2017

Quote:I'm afraid I don't share your mindset. If someone is purposely cheating on a regular basis, then they are a detriment. What good does it do the Highgrounds community to have relentless cheaters poisoning the experience for everyone? That is a liability to the community, not an asset.

In the case of Sniper Bug, I'm not referring to someone who occasionally inadvertently activates the bug. But, rather someone who has no qualms about sitting on the bug for the duration of a match. And, I only advocate a ban after they have been officially told by HSG staff that such unsportsmanlike behavior is unacceptable.

Honestly, this exploit should have been eliminated months ago. I understand HSG staff have been hard at work on their new game. But, that game has been out for a few months now and Highgrounds has been neglected for two years. We are long overdue for some attention. I am drafting a proposal on behalf of the Highgrounds player community to prioritize repairs such as this. You are welcome to join the discussion.

As of 3/14/17 Mickeyg is still exploiting Sniper Bug. I was playing a skeleton deck against him today. So, most of my units had defense, yet he just picked them off one-by-one using Fog and Scrapper -- EVEN AFTER I IMMEDIATELY CALLED HIM OUT ON IT. This is the third time that I have called him out in mid-game for doing this. Every time he ignored me and continued cheating. Has he been warned by HSG? If so, you should ban him. He is the perfect example for why HSG should not be afraid to use the power of the ban on the worst offenders. Never mind how this affects the player rankings -- More importantly: how many players is a cheater like this one pissing off every week?! Habitual cheaters should never be considered an asset to the Highgrounds community.

We have to clean up this kind of crap if we want Highgrounds to grow again! FYI, this is a situation that has gotten much worse over time. At this point, I would estimate that almost 1/3 of all Highgrounds PvP matches now incorporate one of the three worst exploits. [Sniper Bug, Gamble boosting, or Eezic] It never used to be this common a problem. I hope HSG is aware of just how disruptive this is getting. This is why our population is slowly dwindling. The game as a whole is becoming less and less enjoyable due to the growing prevalence of these exploits.